Dear FUMC Faith Family,
Thank you to all who joined us last Sunday to welcome our new Senior Pastor Dr. Steven Bell! Joy and excitement filled the Church as we rang in a New Year! We are eagerly anticipating the new ways in which God will mold and teach our congregation under Dr. Bell’s leadership.
Our Executive Team has continued to prayerfully discern our on-campus ministries and protocols. As more information and advice becomes available, we will gradually modify ministry activity and events.
Beginning this Sunday, January 10th, these are a couple of the changes you can expect:
Bibles will return to the pews in the Sanctuary. Bulletins will be available
without the hymn insert. You can also print a bulletin from home.
- We will offer a brief communion service in Couch Chapel following the conclusion of the 11:00am worship service. We will use the pre-packaged, all-in-one elements, which will be familiar to those who attended the Christmas Eve service.
As a reminder, please read through the following announcements:
are located at each door in the Sanctuary and in Emmett Hook Center; however,
we also invite you to mail your offering to the Church or give online.
Many of our Adult
Sunday School Classes are meeting in person from 9:45-10:45am. If you have
questions about which class to attend, please contact Dr. Ashley Goad.
- o Nursery opens at 9:30am.
- o Step-Up & Youth Sunday School meet in their classrooms from 9:45-10:45am.
- o Children’s Sunday School – Registration and Drop-off from 9:30-10:00am; Sunday School from 10:00-11:00am.
- o Children’s Chapel:
- § Ages 3 & 4 meet in the CMC from 11:00am-12:00pm.
Grades K-3 meet
on the second floor of the Dawson Building from 11:00am-12:00pm.
Worship continues in the Sanctuary on Sunday mornings at 11:00am. Traditional
Worship airs live on Sunday mornings at 11:00am on KTBS and online.
- FaithLink Worship meets in Emmett Hook Center on Sunday mornings at 11:00am. FaithLink Worship continues to stream live on Facebook on Sunday mornings at 11:00am.
We encourage all participants in any on-campus activity to wear a mask and to socially distance when seated or congregating in common areas.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are thankful for your grace and kindness as we continue to navigate loving and serving our Lord on campus at First United Methodist Church in Shreveport.
Peace be with you,
The FUMC Executive Team