We are praying diligently and fervently through this time, leaning into the almighty power of God and listening for His guidance. After much discernment and discussion, and based on Bishop Cynthia Harvey’s request on Monday, May 11, 2020, First United Methodist Church will ease back into life and ministry on Sunday, May 31, 2020. This is a revision to our previous plans.
Our first step will be to gather for corporate worship. The Governor, and the Bishop, will allow churches to conduct indoor services at 25% of their capacity, with proper seating for individuals to remain six feet apart. Thus, we will offer two simultaneous worship services on Sunday, May 31, 2020:
- 11:00am Traditional service in the Sanctuary
- Liturgical service led by Dr. Pat Day, Dr. Ashley Goad, and Dr. David Hobson
Worship will also continue to air live on Sundays at 11:00am on KTBS and on our
- 11:00am FaithLink service in the Emmett Hook Center
- Contemporary worship led by Rev. Derek Joyce, Rev. Erik Rasmussen, and Samuel Zepeda
- Faithlink will also
continue to air live on Facebook.
**Children’s activity packets will be available for your children to use during the worship services.
When you arrive on campus for worship services, please know and abide by the following:
- All entrances will be propped open to prevent touching door handles. If the door is not open, please do not enter.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the campus.
- We will have ushers at the doors to distribute bulletins. The ushers will be wearing gloves and masks. (Alternatively, the bulletin is available online at our website.)
- Hymnals, Bibles, and membership pads have been removed from pews.
- Please deposit your offering in the baskets by the ushers. (You may also continue to mail your tithes to the church office or contribute online.)
- We will not provide masks; if you would like, please bring your own.
- Please sit with your family. Please sit only in the available pews or seats. Do not sit in a roped off area. Ushers will be available, if you have questions of where to sit.
- Please be considerate of others. (Do not hug, shake hands, etc.)
If you are feeling ill or are at-risk, we ask you to remain home at this time.
Until further notice, we will not have:
Our Executive Team is meeting weekly to discuss the next phases of openings. We will continue to update you as plans change. However, if you have any questions at any time, please give us a call at the church office (318-424-7771). We thank you for your abundant generosity and your prayers during this difficult time. We love you, and we appreciate you.