Please use the following resources as a guide for your discernment process. We will add information as it becomes available.
- The 50 year Fight over Scripture and Sexuality in the UMC
- A Messy Methodist Church Schism - WSJ
- United Methodist Church Announces Plan to Split Over Same-Sex Marriage - NYT
- Council of Bishops Acknowledge need for breakup
- LA GC Delegate Video
- A Renewed Foundation
Judicial Council Rules Bishop Karen Oliveto’s consecration illegal and refers the case to the Western Jurisdiction for administrative implementation of their ruling. No action taken by the Western Jurisdiction, 6 Years later, she remains Bishop and part of the Council of Bishops.
- UM General Council on Finance and Administration projects future declines in income and budget resources
- 106 UM Churches of the Florida Annual Conference sue to exit denomination
The FUMC Shreveport Discernment Taskforce has done its best to provide a multitude of resources to equally and fairly assess the current situation facing our church. However, if you would like to learn more, we would encourage you to visit the following website that is updated daily with relevant, unbiased news on the matter.