Our Stephen Ministry uses the author SarahYoung who wrote Jesus Calling which serves as a devotional for every day of the year. Our Stephen Ministers give this book to each one of their care receivers to guide them that God’s Presence is meant to be the continual experience of Christians. Sarah Young emphasizes the importance of spending time alone with God in quiet, uninterrupted communion.
Sarah Young also wrote a second book Jesus Today: Experiencing Hope Through His Presence and it is designed to speak hope into the lives of its readers. She says,”I believe the message of hope is extremely important at this time- for people throughout the US and around the world. There is also a sense of helplessness among people who have lost jobs, homes, health, or loved ones. But the hope we can find in the Bible is a sturdy reality – no matter what is happening in our lives or in the world”.
This month our Stephen Ministry wants to share with you our Bible verses which we use in our Ministry and with our care receivers.
- I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith–Ephesians 3:16-17
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer—Romans 12:12
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path—Psalm 119:105
- As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness, I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness—Psalm17:15
- Now to Him who is able to do abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations , forever and ever—Ephesians3:20-21
- Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition. With thanksgiving, present your requests to God, which transcends all understanding , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus—Philippians 4:4-7
- Jesus said to [Thomas], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me”—John 14:6
- Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of the nations in the Promised Land, for the Lord our God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you—Deuteronomy 31:6
- “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty”—Revelation 1:8
- “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” –Matthew 28: 19-20
- Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand, You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory –Psalm 73:23-24
- Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on you own insight or understanding—Psalm 94:22